There are so many ways you can help!
We need individuals from all walks of life to provide their unique talents to aid in the achievement of HOPE’s mission. You can be as involved as you choose and tailor your volunteering to your lifestyle and schedule. We have both one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities.
Foster parent – Explore your nurturing side by providing a foster home for a homeless or orphaned animal. We are foster based, so we can help animals only when we can ???
Adoption Counselor – Are you good with people? Do you enjoy being a matchmaker? If so, you can assist families looking to adopt a new pet and help them find a love match.
Board or Committee – Use your leadership skills to provide guidance to one of our committees or to our board of directors. Below is a list of our committees
- Cat Committee - makes decisions about the cats in our care, determines adoption policies for our cats and much more.
- Dog Committee - makes decisions about the dogs in our care, determines adoption policies for our dogs, and much more.
- Education Committee - holds learning events and brings in speakers for those in the rescue community as well as for the general public.
- Feral Cat Committee - oversees the Trap Neuter Return program including loaning of equipment, vetting and advice on feral colony management.
- Finance Committee - creates the budget and makes sure that all finances are in line, including expenses and income.
- PR Committee - develops and implements an annual HOPE marketing plan, including our newsletter, HOPE Happenings, and social media, a media relations component. The goals of the marketing plan are to improve the visibility of HOPE throughout the community.
- Development Committee - creates and supports fundraising events and activities.
- Volunteer Committee - oversees our membership, including the annual membership mailing and dues, maintaining volunteer rosters, and recruiting new volunteers for HOPE.
Dog walker (mostly at weekend adoption events)
Event planner or volunteer
Volunteer Educator – Develop promotional materials, educate youth about animal welfare
Pet taxi – Help transport animals to adoption events
Adoption site volunteer – we need everything from adoption counselors to kind souls willing to help with laundry
Garage Saleistas – we need both volunteers and sale hosts
Feral cat trapper
We’d love to have you help! Click here to submit a volunteer form.
Don’t see anything here that speaks to your abilities? Submit a form and let us know your superpowers…we’ll figure out how to use them!
Spread the word. This is one of the most valuable things you can do…tell your friends, your coworkers, the person in front of you at the grocery store. Tell everyone! It is up to all of us to get the word out about HOPE so that we can provide good loving homes for our needy friends. Like us on Facebook. Share our posts. If you know anyone who is looking for a new pet, suggest they think adoption first.